How to Apply
How to Apply
Are you outside the United States and want to study at Mentora with an F-1 visa?
Step 1: Mentora College needs four things from you to issue an I-20:
- Provide Mentora with a copy of your unexpired passport with at least 6 months validity.
- Fill out and submit an Application for Enrollment with Mentora.
- Pay the one-time-only Registration fee and the Tuition fees for your first three sessions.
- Provide evidence that you have adequate funds to support your studies and stay in the United States. (No more than three months old.)
- Evidence of funds can include letters from banks, bank statements or a letter from an employer mentioning position and salary.
- If a student has a sponsor, the evidence must be from the sponsor, not from the student:
- If the sponsor is in the United States, the sponsor must complete an Affidavit of Support (I-134 Form). This Form can be picked up at Mentora or downloaded from the USCIS website (www.uscis.gov).
- If the sponsor is outside the United States, the sponsor must write a simple letter stating he/she will be financially responsible for the student.
All documents must be translated into English and currencies converted to dollars. You can have the letters faxed to +1 (202) 677-7529 or emailed to email@example.com. You can pay any fees to Mentora via email or over the phone by calling +1 (202) 644-7200.
Step 2: Once you have given Mentora College these four items (Copy of passport, application, registration and first three months tuition fees, evidence of funds), we will issue you an I-20 and a Letter of Acceptance. You may either pick these up from Mentora College or we can send them to you for a delivery fee. Please contact us to find out about the mailing fee.
Step 3: You must then pay the SEVIS fee. This can be paid at http://www.ice.gov/sevis/i901/. Simply click on “File the SEVIS I-901 Form online.” Additionally, we can help you pay this fee for no extra cost. Make sure to print out the receipt for your records before closing the screen.
Step 4: Call your US Consulate to find out what documents you need to bring with you for your meeting.
Step 5: After your visa is granted please contact Mentora College to receive your pre-departure information and so we can send you our online placement test to determine your English level.
Step 6: Contact Mentora College no later than three days after you arrive in the US.
Step 1: Mentora College needs six things from you to transfer to our school
- Provide Mentora with a copy of your unexpired passport and visa with at least 6 months validity.
- Submit a copy of your I-94 form.
- Fill out and submit an Application Form for Enrollment with Mentora.
- Pay the one-time-only registration fee and the tuition fees for your first three sessions.
- Provide evidence that you have adequate funds to support your studies and stay in the United States. (no more than three months old.)
- Submit a copy of your I-20 form.
Step 2: Mentora College will immediately issue an admission letter and a transfer form, and will fax them to your current school to let them know you would like to transfer to Mentora College.
Step 3: Your current school will then complete and fax back to us the transfer form and will release your SEVIS record online. This is done within just a few days if you have already finished class at their school, or as soon as you finish your current session if you are still attending class with them.
Step 4: As soon as we receive the transfer form and your SEVIS record, we will contact you to pick up your new I-20 and send you our online placement test to determine your English level.